Become an SLS Teacher Champion today! If you have used SLS in the past you are eligible for a new and exciting leadership opportunity. BTCEA’s SLS Teacher Champion initiative supports teachers who want to be an advocate for sustainability education in their schools and districts.
By becoming an SLS Teacher Champion you receive full-school membership to SLS for 2 years for just $300 which includes a school assembly or workshop if you are in Metro-Vancouver! Teacher Champions will also receive access to additional leadership opportunities within their schools, district, and province. If you are outside of Metro-Vancouver and are a returning teacher, the same offer is $200 without the Assembly or workshop (worth it if you have 1 other teacher at your school that would use the materials over either year). Schools without an SLS Teacher Champion are offered a similar package until Sept 15th, but for only one-year versus a two-year membership with less community building and leadership opportunities.
What is involved in becoming an SLS Champion teacher? It is really very simple.
- Sign up using the registration form below, and complete the registration survey.
- Talk to teachers in your school and at least 2 teachers from other schools about using SLS and let us know who you connected with (we have email templates and resources that you can share)
- If you have not completed an SLS evaluation for the past school year (or the last year that you used SLS, if you are a returning teacher, please do so here.
- You are now a Champion Teacher! Let other teachers in your school know that they have access to SLS resources for the next 2 years, again we can support you this with an email template you can send out.
- Pay the license fee by cheque or online before Oct 1st, 2017
- Complete a program evaluation at the end of the school year