Be The Change Earth Alliance (BTCEA) is looking for a relational, innovative and committed Executive Director to oversee our organization. BTCEA is a Vancouver-based charitable organization founded in 2005 to empower individual and collective change for an environmentally sustainable, socially just, connected, and resilient society. We provide environmental education and learning resources, professional development workshops and keynote presentations; working with teachers, students, school districts, companies, and employees.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the strategic planning, organizing and implementation of programs and projects to fulfill BTCEA’s mandate.
The successful candidate will have experience and skill in communications, marketing and project management, and a passion for systemically working on environmental and social justice issues. Ideally, they will have a minimum of 3 years related experience and understand the BC education system and online program delivery. Leadership skills and human resource management are also key.
This job is for you if you…
- want to be part of an organization dedicated to transformative education that fosters an ecologically sustainable, just, and thriving culture
- are ready to work in a dynamic, creative, inclusive environment where your ideas, work, and contributions make a difference
- are a creative, active, self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team
- are passionate about actively making a difference both systemically behind the scenes and with on-the-ground implementation
- desire to grow your own capacity, develop professionally and evolve personally
- Development and management of programs to fulfill BTCEA’s charitable purpose and vision
- Grant writing and reporting to support programming
- Marketing and communications regarding programs and educational resources
- Public relations and facilitation, including strategically connecting and maintaining relationships with the demographic we are serving (teachers, students, organizations and community members)
- Review, organization and restructuring of BTCEA’s flagship online curriculum, Student Leadership in Sustainability (SLS)
- Promoting and coordinating speaking engagements
- Maintenance of content and contact management system (Nation Builder)
- Resource development of potential and current donors, including community members, corporations, foundations, and others
- Human resources management, including hiring and supporting staff
- Financial management, overseeing financial budgets and reports that the Board of Directors approves
- Liaising with the Board of Directors
The first stage of this job will be very focused on a project making our SLS Program easy to access and navigate for teachers and students, along with marketing and some coordination. The position will grow from there, with increased team members over time.
- Proficiency in navigating web-based programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong personal accountability, ability to take initiative and work independently
- Problem-solving ability
- Ability to set priorities and work well under pressure
- Efficient time management skills, practices, and habits
- Ability to multi-task
- Personally committed to live with a lighter footprint
Education + experience
- 3+ years in non-profit management or equivalent experience
- University degree
- Familiarity with Nation Builder and/or able to learn web programs, web contact and content management systems easily
- Understanding of the BC education system
- Enjoys systemic thinking and strategic planning
- Intercultural, multi-lingual
This is a full-time, salaried position and applications are welcome immediately. Applications will be reviewed by February 4th, interviews will ideally be scheduled the week of February 11th, and the position is to start as soon as possible. We are looking for a long-term commitment that would proceed in stages. This position starts between $50,000 and $60,000 a year with 3-4 weeks off, depending on experience, with room for wage and professional growth.
Please complete the application form below and send your resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org