SLS offers six independent, interchangeable modules in three flavours: Blended, Distance and French. Each module focuses on developing personal values for a sustainable world view. Modules contain five to eight student 'Action Packs' that provide research links and experiential activities to develop critical thinking, dialogue, solutions-based actions, small group collaboration and class presentations.
Please follow these simple steps to register for the SLS program.
Previously we have had teachers access the SLS resources through the Healthy Schools Network $650 Inquiry Grant. This grant hasn't become available this year, so teacher champions haven't been able to apply for the grant to gain full-school access to the resources.
We are currently offering online access to SLS to teachers for only $100 for the 2016-2017 school year until our new model for the 2017-2018 year is finalized. (Yes, this is a steal of a deal!)
- Register below and complete the online form. If you have any questions or concerns please email email@example.com.
- BTCEA will follow up with you after sending you an invoice. You can mail a cheque in or use our online paypal system.
- Once you have completed the application form and we have invoiced you, BTCEA will send you the necessary access information to login to our website and access the full suite of SLS materials (for your selected version).
- We can sign you and other teachers up at your school within three days of applying (if full school package)
"Be the Change is providing resources for what educators want to teach and students want to learn, empowering anyone to make it happen."
- Denise North, Killarney Secondary
"SLS is compelling, current and prompts students to apply what they've learned to their lives…"
- Norman Kaethler, Science, St. George's
"I've received overwhelmingly positive response from my Planning 10 students on how the SLS values have changed their views on the world around them… this generation wants to take charge and make things happen."
- Brenda Kvist, Pl 10, Vancouver Learning Network