Be the Change Earth Alliance (BTCEA) aims to inspire, educate, and empower youth to take personal and collective action for a just, sustainable, resilient, and fulfilling world.
As an organization that believes in the power of education for changing norms and behaviour, our immediate goal is for eco-social education to be commonplace in BC’s schools. We hope that this will create resilient and innovative citizens as they grapple with a changing climate and world.
How are we going to make eco-social education commonplace in BC’s schools?
- We’ve made our eco-social education open-access for BC’s teachers
- We organize classroom and community-based workshops to help with the delivery of our curriculum
- We provide Professional Development Day workshops to interested teachers
- We ask teachers to share these resources with others
Our Core Values:
- Empowerment | Stewardship | Leadership
- Connection | Deep listening | Relationship | Inclusivity
- Dynamism | Responsiveness | Innovation | Lifelong learning and growth