Be the Change Earth Alliance offers professional development workshops for teachers. Find us at one of the conferences below, or book your own Pro-D for your school at the bottom of the page!
Our interactive Pro-D workshops explore pedagogical approaches and online learning resources that help students develop critical thinking skills and engage creatively in complex global eco-social issues, while meeting the new Ministry guidelines and Core Competencies. The Pro-D workshops explore how Student Leadership in Change (SLC) learning materials and resources, which include worksheets, activities, lesson plans and videos, can help students interact, connect, understand, and respond to the environmental and social challenges facing our planet.
Through the Pro-D workshops, participants will learn about how the SLC pedagogical approach is also aligned with the First Peoples Principles of Learning, social-emotional learning, value-based learning, and is highly solutions-oriented, focusing on how students can become agents of change and take positive action in their households, schools and communities. Participants will also engage in a collaborative process of Curriculum Mapping, where they explore where and how climate change can be taught within any BC middle or high school course.
Register for an Upcoming Professional Development Workshop in 2022:
- Learning from Students & Each Other: Rethinking Climate Education [open to all teachers] Feb 18 1:00-3:30
- Okanagan/MyCota (Zonal Day) - Feb 18 10:30-12:00
- Independent Schools Ass. of BC (ISABC) - Feb 18 11:00-12:00
- Richmond Teachers Association - Feb 18 12:00-1:00
- Coquitlam Teachers Association - Feb 25
- Prince George Annual Spring Fling - Apr 29
- Chilliwack Teach Learn Care (TLC) - Apr 29
- Surrey Teachers Association - May 6